The very difficult task for a photographer is shooting newborns. Babies can be quite natural in front of the camera. The challenge lies in how to make more than just ‘cute’ pictures. It should be adorable even when they look at it once they are older.
* Baby’s eyes are very delicate and sensitive to any kind of harsh, bright light. So you should use the right kind of light.
* Make most of natural light whenever it is possible (Light coming in through windows or the early evening sunlight is perfect)
* Avoid flash lights. Direct flash can harm a newborn’s eyesight.
* When you shoot indoor, make use of nearby lamps.
* Best time to take newborn’s photo is while they are sleeping. They make funny poses while they are asleep.
* Keep their clothing very simple with natural colours as pinks, blues and yellows.
* Avoid too many props inside the frame and do not dress them too much.
* When they are old enough to eat by themselves, let them play with their food. You can have collection of messy photographs.
* Bath time. They would love to make many expressions while they play with water. But be sure one of the baby’s family member staying near.
* They really look good and feel comfortable when they are with their family members. Father holding baby or mother holding her baby close to her chest or taking the picture of baby with the baby’s grandparent’s elderly hands inside the frame would create a perfect photo.